MJAY'S FULL TIME POSITION
Here at MJAY’S we pride ourselves on high quality desserts & excellent customer service.
We are seeking individuals who are friendly, enthusiastic & able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
The right candidate would be someone who meets all the above criteria & can work well in a team but can be also left to work on their own and consistently meet our high standards.
Responsibilities will include:
• Interacting with customers, whether this be meeting/ greeting at the door or checking on tables etc.
• Taking customer orders at the till.
• Handling cash and card payments.
• Following set guidelines on the preparation of made to order desserts including decoration.
• Following set guidelines on the preparation of a variety of drinks.
• Taking food to tables.
• Clearing tables.
• Assisting in the opening & closing of the store.
• Preparing orders for take out.
• Keeping the shop and work stations clean and following hygiene procedures.
• Completing stock checks with the team.
• Replenishing stock.
• Any other duties your manager requires assistance with.
Essential Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
• Experience in a fast paced food environment/coffee shop.
• Experience in a customer facing role.
• Good organisational & multi tasking skills
• Ability to stay focused on tasks.
• Ability to work with others.
• Good customer service skills.
Rate of Pay: starting from £6.00 up to £9.00 + /hr
Working Hours: Applicants must be available to work during weekdays / evenings & weekends.
Opening times at Mjays range between 10.00am - 10.30pm. The rota is organised to suit the business / customer needs.
Hours of work will be between 30 - 39 hours per week, based on a two week alternating rota, although some flexibility is required depending on staff shortages/absences.
To keep our team safe, we have implemented strict social distancing rules in-store. Gloves, masks, sanitisers are available for staff. There is regular frequent cleaning and wipe-down of all surfaces.
All successful applicants will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date.